Sunday 15 January 2012

CCC 2/12

Morning!

It's a beautiful bright but cold winter's morning here, Im quite happy to be staying in all day I have to say!  It feels like ages since I had a really good session at my craft desk so today will be spent doing just that!

Here's is the card I made for my own challenge which was 'Think Thin'.  Nothing whatsoever to do with the usual January thin issues but making a card that will be slim enough so as NOT to involve the 'large' postage stamp!  I was quite flabberghasted at the cost of sending so many fat cards at xmas so I decided that with a little more careful planning I will aim for thinnies this year!


I coloured this Fizzy Moon image up before xmas but didnt use it so I felt I was being quite naughty in making the card so quickly (funny how I always enjoy something when I think Im being a bit naughty?!).  The bp is Pink Petticoat (who's last day of a fabulous sale is today so rush and grab a bargain), MS snowflake border and a big 3" snowflake that is half hidden.  I used a length of stretchy silver thin cord (99p for 10miles worth at The Range!) as a feature down the left side but thankfully as the cord is really thin, the card is still slim enough!
With are very lucky to be joined by 2 new super crafters in our xmas club so please do call in to see what Anne & Lorraine have created for this challenge also!  The links are on my sidebar.

I hope your day is filled with doing just what you want also!
Thanks for your visit today,
Keryn x




ETA:  ooh Im feeling guilty already and Ive only seen Pinkys card :(  
Hers is perfectly flat which of course if the best way of ensuring that you dont get charged for the 'large' stamp.  I will now try harder and come back with a true flat card!

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Your card is delightful, Keryn - and still thin enough to go through the post without the large stamp, so it certainly qualifies for the challenge - I love it x

pinky said...

Keryn you are a sketch!! Your card is perfect, I love the style, love the image and love the papers and if its under 5mm then its perfect for your challenge!! I didn't go with backing papers cause I never know when to stop and would have been matting and layering till the cows come home lol. I love your card and it has inspired me to be able to keep it minimal but still have something on there:)

Doreen said...

A beautiful card Keryn,looks pretty flat to me.xxx

Carol said...

It's perfect Keryn! Love the image and your colours. Great challenge too. Carol x

Clare said...

Wow Keryn your card is stunning I am loving it!!!. You are sure using some gorgeous images lately girl. Why on earth are you worrying as your card is flat!!!. Each of us girls have different cards and we all have varied interpretations but atleast they are all 5mm and less which is what you challenged us too do!!!, Don't you go getting all paranoid on us!. Your card is gorgeous. Big hugs my friend xxx

dutchess said...

Lovely card Keryn...I know its so difficult to do thin!!! my ribbon was weeping in its box and all my card stock though it had been naughty.. love the card and that cute image! hugs Margaret

Claire said...

You've done a fab job hun - love the colours and the cute FM image. Hugs, Claire x

Sally said...

Great card Keryn it definitely fits the bill for your challenge. You can't go wrong with Fizzy Moon!!
Hope you had a good weekend and thanks for a great challenge.
Hugs Sally xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card hun and I'm certain that it will easily get through as a normal letter. ccc

Anne said...

Fantastic card Keryn, bright and cheerful. Hugs x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Keryn this is gorgeous, I love that image and what beautiful colours you have chosen to use, the design looks fantastic.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful and adorable card Keryn.
luv
Debby

Liz said...

Aww so sweet !!!! Its yummy Keryn !!
Hugs Liz xxx

Claire Phillips said...

Am loving your thin card...naughty eh!!!! that makes me laugh - I think we must have guilt issues - being naughty I would agree more often than not feels good!lol Cheers Claire xx