Monday 8 March 2010

Pretty Pansies in Blue

Hello, isn't the sunshine gorgeous!  It feels sub zero out there but at least it's sunny!  Will be taking the doggies out soon and now that my Blue Badge has arrived in the post, life will be so much easier now!
This is a great set from Fred She Said.  Some of you may remember all of those cute snowmen cards I made at Christmas as they are also FSS.  Ive made this card for my MIL and probably like most older ladies she loves pansies.  
I know my Mum used to although scented Freesias were her favourite!  It's quite a difficult time of the year for thinking about my Mum but it's a case of trying to remember all of the fun instead of being sad.  It's going to be a lovely weekend for me as both of the girls are coming over on Saturday and we'll be collecting Laura's wedding dress and then having a lovely girlie pampering night in followed by a Mothers Day lunch on the Sunday.  I can hardly wait!

Just wanted to show where the message is!  Feels like it's in a secret place on these easel cards doesn't it!
All of the papers are part of the set other than the teal and white CS.

A little close up to show the layering of the pansies border.  It was all pre-coloured which I dont use very often but the set was too good to miss and, of course, much quicker!

Im off to walk the hounds now so have a lovely bright day wherever you are!
Thanks for calling in
Keryn 

ETA: Just have to mention ladies that this was a preprinted set so sadly, I did not colour these in, I just fiddled with them with dry embossing, clear gel pen & a dash of stickles!  I could only wish to have colouring skills such as these! 

7 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

This is really stunning Keryn! The images are fabulous! Love the popped up pansy border!

Juls said...

so elegant! Love the dimension on your flowers! Hugs Juls

Clare said...

I am totally with you there Keryn on Mother's Day, it is gut wrenchingly hard isn't it. I am still always going to make my Mum a Mother's Day card & put it on her memorial along with some nice flowers/plant. After Mother's Day i always put cards in my Mum's memory box. I just cannot NOT do my Mum cards and i just know that she is still appreciating them, wherever she is.
Your MIL wil absolutely love the card it is totally beautiful hun. I love the colours you have chosen, is it Broken China Distress Ink by the way??? it is such a gorgeous colour & one of my big time favourites.
Will be thinking of you darl too on Mother's Day. Atleast your daughter's will be there and help you to take your mind off things, especially wedding talk & pampering!!!! big hugs, Clare xxx

Claire Phillips said...

It's beautiful Keryn - a really lovely card that I am sure any Mum would love! Enjoy your weekend with the girls - sounds like you have a lovely time planned! Cheers Claire x

Unknown said...

Hi Keryn
same here but at least we have our own family now to keep us occupied,
Hows Murphy doin getting big Im sure you will have to post a new pic.
Stunning card, love the way the poppies just pop out of the card, and fantastic colouring on the ones in the cup.
Christine x

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor, lotta gorgeous card Keryn! Love all the detail.

Tasha said...

SO STUNNING! Wow the colour is just off the charts and i love the image its so pretty!
I hope you had a lovely weekend with the girls
love tasha xx