Friday 30 July 2010

Catch Up


Good morning, Ive been absent from blogging this week as I was lucky enough to have spent some time with my eldest girl.  It is with a very saddened heart that I tell you she has now left teaching.  It is the best thing for her but it is so unfair.  She was at the start of such a successful career, one that she seems to fit comfortably and also receiving high praise from her mentors and bosses.  Katherine, has been her guardian angel and I thank her from the bottom of my heart.
She feels her future lies in the pastoral side of children now so I wish her all of the very best as she starts all over again.  I know she will do well in whatever path her future takes her on.

Here is a beautiful little image that I found via Mina.  Thanks Mina!  It is 'Nap time' by A Day for Daisies.  It is a little A6 size card which I find very hard as there's hardly any space to do anything on!  I loved making the little spray of blooms though!
Coloured with my PM's, paper from Funky Fairy and sentiment by Daisy & Dandelion.
Keryn x

9 comments:

Annie said...

a beautiful card Keryn and I love all those little flowers. so sad about your daughter, something similar happened to a friend of ours too - the good teachers have a gift but sadly there are not many that recognise this. I wish her every success in whatever path she takes next.
enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x

Claire said...

I adore this card Keryn, in particular those little flowers. Sorry to hear about your daughter, working within education I am always amazed at the lack of support given to teachers and support staff, especially those NQT - its tough and stressful and hardly surprising that some teachers choose a different path. I wish her well in the next chapter of her life and hope she finds a role that is fulfilling and colleagues who appreciate her worth. Hugs, Claire x

Twiglet said...

Really lovely card Keryn. Best of luck to your daughter. I was appalled at how badly my niece was treated as an NQT. She got through it and then moved schools where she is much happier. I am a positive thinker and always think there is a reason for everything - here's hoping your daughter's move brings her more satisfaction. There is a huge need for high quality pastoral care for children these days!!

Unknown said...

hiya Keryn love the new blog layout, and what a beautiful card love the image have to check that out and all the gorgeous flowers. At least she is still young enough to change and she might be happier doing something else.
Have a great weekend
Christine x

Unknown said...

This card is simply gorgeous Keryn. I just love how you have done the background of the image and those little flowers are beautiful. I wish your daughter the best of luck with her new career...as you know I am kind of searching within teaching to see what might suit me best...it is a very stressful job...they say it is not an occopation, it is a vocation and that basically means that you cant turn it off at night or on the weekends. I think that is why I have loved card-making so much, because it is a great outlet that has no links to teaching!
Have a nice weekend.
Alicia xx

pinky said...

Keryn this is so gorgeous, what an image and you have showcased it beautifully with that lovely spray of flowers. Sad news about your daughter. My hubby is a teacher and I have worked along side teachers for 11 years so know all about the ups and downs! I wish her all the best in her new path. Hugs
Pinky

chris said...

Hi There Keryn, wishing your daugthter the best, lets hope she finds something she enjoys, and hope she is appreciated.

your card is scrummy, love alll the little flowers, so perfect.
hugs chris xx

michele said...

Hi Keryn beautiful card :) I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, it's so sad when good teachers leave the profession I hope she will find happiness on her new path hugs xx

Larisa said...

So wonderful card Keryn!!! What a fantastic image and your work is really gentle. Love all flower's decoration )))
Larisa. xxx