Saturday 20 August 2011

Birthday Wishes

Hello,

Here's a card Ive made for a niece and Ive used a LotV image that was one of many that were free in a craft mag last month - what a good idea that was!  It definitely beat receiving a little stamp of something that just isnt my style and ends up filling a space but never gets used!  I'd love to see more of that sort of freebie in the crafty mags!  Anyway, here she is:


Ive used some pretty SU paper and sentiment, a couple of paper blooms, ribbon and lace and a couple of tiny brads.

Id like to enter this into these challenges
Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge - my fibres are on the lace!
Crazy 4 Challenges - bingo card, Ive used square card, embossing, brads

Ive had a right royal nuisance of late with numerous nuisance calls.  I found out that the caller is a debt collection agency looking for a Heidi.  Despite being told over 20 times that no one called Heidi lives here there kept on calling and calling and calling.
Their favourite time to call is just after 8am 6 days a week.  On the days that I can manage to stagger to the phone sometimes they hang up and sometimes they ask for Heidi.  Sometimes I told them the formal reply and I have to admit ladies, that sometimes on the fourth call in 30mins, I told them to go forth and multiply, my Mother would not have been pleased :(  
Sadly they just persist.  
Ive rung everyone; Offcom, Consumer Direct, Trading Standards etc etc and no one can do anything officially, they can only advise.  Today I had no choice but to change our telephone number because had we blocked their number, they could have then rung from another line in the office and it would have started all over again.
I find it amazing in this day and age that innocent folk can be hounded so much and there's nothing we can do to stop them?!  What on earth is going on?  The bit that really cheesed me off was this morning being told by this chap that if I didnt tell him where Heidi lived then he'd ring me all day every day.
Now Ive got the aggro of changing everything to the new number but in the meantime, if you see Heidi, please tell her Im looking for her!
I do hope your Saturday is going much better than mine!!
Keryn x

16 comments:

Claire said...

WOW Keryn this is just gorgeous and I can't believe this little cutie was free in a craft magazine - do tell me which one? What a nightmare you have had with the phonecalls! I get really fed up with them too and I'm ex directory. We had a phonecall at 4.10 am on Wednesday morning - the caller hung up and another one this morning from a guy in India who could hardly speak English advising that he had been informed that someone in our household had had an accident - I said I don't ffing think so and where ever you have got my number from delete it and don't call me again!! So far nothing LOL. There seems to be alot of them happening at the moment, but so frustrating when you have had to change your number and if I ever find Heidi I will give her a piece of my mind! LOL. Have a good day. Hugs, Claire x

Annie said...

Sorry I can't help.....I know of no Heidi but she really should pay her bills! Hope you get no further trouble. Gorgeous card.
Hugs,
A x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Keryn, love the sweet image. The best way of dealing with these calls is simply to say 'this number does not receive unsolicited calls, you are in breech of the law and your number is being tagged as we speak'. They always say sorry and hang up. We rarely get repeat calls;) If I find Heidi I will warn her you are on the look out lol.

Doreen said...

Your card Keryn is gorgeous,I am so sorry you get these calls,we have had our fair share in the past.xxx

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card Keryn. Love the pretty colours and your fab colouring of the image.

What dog is Chester, he looks like our Cocker Spaniel Malibu.

Hugs Jillixxx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Keryn - how come I never see mags with stamps like that!! I believe Heidi just changed her name.....she heard how mad you were! We've had loads of calls lately from an SMS text machine, always first thing in the morning and repeated several times before they give up so know how you feel. Carol x

Sally said...

Great card Kerryn I agree that this was a great freebie. Love your colouring and layout.
Hope the calls stop now you have changed your number such a nuisance.
Hugs Sally xxxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card I love the colours & such a sweet image. Mary x

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Keryn, love the colours and your colouring is perfect
Beryl x

Jilli said...

Malibu is my daughter's dog too. She's also a working cocker spaniel and right little sweetie. xxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Keryn. Love the cute image, the pretty colors... the flower embellishment is perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Kirsty Wiseman said...

beautiful colouring, darl and as for those pooches - are they wire jacks? Love their eye patches...make them look like little pirates ;)

Kim O'Connell said...

HI! It's me Heidi! Just kidding! What a sweet card so pretty in pink! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

Jules said...

Hi Keryn

Fabby card ... .. loving the colours you have worked with and all your gorgeous details.

I agree .. all of these nuisance phonecalls are a nightmare.

We get more nuisance ones than ones we actually want!!!

Love Jules xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Such a pretty card and I like your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Sweet Stop!! Hope they find Heidi and leave you alone. :)

Hugs,
Wendy

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Keryn this is beautiful what a gorgeous image I can't believe that it was a freebie but glad that you got it. The colours and design you have used look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x