Wednesday 24 February 2010

Simon Says Challenge

Hello, here is a card I have just finished and it will fit into this week's Simon Says Challenge which is vintage and flowers!  They have on offer a fab $25 shopping spree too, so why not go and join in!  
Earlier today I'd made a card very similar to this for my MIL to send to a dear old friend who is in hospital and very unwell.  They grew up together as neighbours and I thought this image looked like two young friends. Whenever I make a card I usually make enough for at least 2 others (some would say I do the same when cooking too!) so I began to make up a couple more cards and decided they'd be lovely for Mother's Day.
The free image is from Stampington & Co and I think it lends itself to the beautiful sage papers from pink petticoat.  Previously I'd used silver papers but I like the sage more!  I made the flowers from offcuts using x-cut punches.
Thank you for looking.
Keryn x

5 comments:

Victoria said...

wow this is so pretty Keryn. love your punched corners too.
Missed you!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Beryl K said...

Just beautiful Keryn,
Beryl x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Keryn, the image is so adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Beryl K said...

Yes Keryn, it is the plum set - it can look quite pink as well, depending on what you put next to it Thank you for your comments
Beryl x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's really beautiful! The image is lovely and it's just so soft and elegant! Love the pretty flower embellies!