Sunday 28 February 2010

A simple guys card!

Hello, here's a simple card for a guy (thought I'd better be pc after all?!).  It's the first time that I've used an image from a Personal Impression set I got last year.  I couldn't quite figure out how to colour dirty blots on the cloth though but never mind, I'll keep trying!  I'm quite pleased as this is the first time that I've managed to leave a piece of clothing as white.  It's always scared me as whenever I see other people's white garments they also look perfectly shaded but I could never do that but I've given it another try.  This is a small A6 size card, not the norm for me hence I couldn't do much with it so I gave it a turn back fold and planted him slap bang in the middle of it!  I used a tiny little sentiment which I overhung also.
Hope you are all having a lovely relaxing Sunday evening.
tfl Keryn x

10 comments:

Clare said...

HI Keryn! a big thumbs up from me for the colouring, it looks fantastic hun. Lovely card and love the blue polka dot paper. Hugs Clare xxx

Beryl K said...

Keryn, this is great your shading is spot on, no need to worry about it.
Beryl x

Steph said...

It's a really great card, Keryn. I think your shading on the white looks fab- your colouring is alot better than you seem to think it is!!!!! I love that stamp, it's not one I've seen before and the polka dot paper is gorgeous too x

Claire Phillips said...

He is fab - great card and colouring to be proud of -brilliant! Cheers Claire x

Julia Dunnit said...

Great card - I think the colouring is spot on myself! Spot - -splotch - geddit! *Groan*

Tasha said...

Hi Keryn, thank you for your wonderfully sweet comments, they made me smile.
I love this card and i think you have done the white top perfectly - i never leave image clothes white either for the same reason lol!
I love the fold - awesome idea
love tasha xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Your shading looks great to me! It's a very sweet image and I'm just crazy about polka dot paper!

Donna said...

Perfect male card Keryn, I'm loving your dotty papers and how cool is this little chap...brilliantly coloured :) Donna x

michele said...

fab card Keryn! colouring is perfect! hugs xx

Vicky said...

Fab crd. I always struggle with guys cards, this is perfect. :)x