Wednesday 19 January 2011

Kingfisher perched

Hello,
Here's a card I was asked to make for a friends Mum celebrating her 75th birthday, she asked for a Kingfisher as her Mum just loves them.  This image is an actual photograph by the brother of my sister in law who is a very keen amateur photographer. Ive seen the full set that he took of this bird and one is mid take off and it is truly stunning.



I was looking for a sketch and decided to go for the 
Crafts 4 Eternity Sketch Challenge and set about deciding on the papers etc etc - you know what its like!  It took me 4 hours to get it looking half decent having used loads of different combinations of card and paper for each element only to find at the end of it all that Id missed one part of the sketch!  Oh how I hate it when that happens!  Hence, I couldn't enter it!


The photos of the bird are all copyrighted so I have to be careful but here's the bloom I made and the envelope/box that I decorated to match.


I do love the Tim Holtz Flowers die as it makes blooms of a variety of sizes which is perfect when making cards and matching boxes.  The gold strip across the middle is made using a new MS border punch.
Thanks for looking!
Keryn x

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow what a fabulous image,you have co-ordinated the colours of your backing papers so well.xxx

Juls said...

this is fab!! Loving the flower! Hugs Juls

Annie said...

Really gorgeous card. I love kingfishers :-)
A x

Faye said...

Hiya Keryn, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. And yes, there were times last night where I could have thrown the pooter at the wall!
This kingfisher card is beautiful and the flowers compliment him perfectly. x

Claire Phillips said...

What a stunning photo and the layout is perfect - the flower a great addition! Cheers Claire x

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous image - in fact its stunning! Love the layout too - what a shame that you missed off an element .... I do things like that too LOL! Hugs, Claire x

pinky said...

Wow that is one gorgeous photograph Keryn, how vibrant and vivid are those colours. I love your layered flower too.

Kathie said...

Hi Keryn just love this card it's just so so pretty. I thought you had coloured the image yourself at first then I read your blog. Great card and the lady will just love it.
Hugs
Kathie

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Keryn this is absolutely wonderful that image, the design and flower look stunning I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tasha said...

Wow Keryn that is such a beautifully striking image. Love the colours and the flower
love tasha xx