Sunday 2 January 2011

An unusual celebration card!

Hello,

I'd like to share a card I have made for my BIL Pete.  Thank goodness he is making a great recovery but we woke on Christmas morning to find that my sister had been rushed to his bedside at 1am as he wasn't expected to live having been admitted only a few hours before.
Luckily he very slowly pulled through, hour by hour and we are thrilled today to hear that it is expected that he may be well enough to be discharged next week.


It is so true, we really do take so much for granted and this
just proved it. So unexpectedly things can happen that can make a dramatic change to a persons life yet we all think we are immune to it. 
Pete wasn't really 'dealt a great hand' as he has a particular disability anyway.
All I feel I want to say about his illness is that it is a very well known illness that plays havoc with the immune system if faced with simple infections so getting Influenza B along with it caused this awful situation. 
Well I am thankful that all of my family are enjoying good health and I hope yours are also.

The challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges is 'Celebrate' and I made this card with that in mind, how very grateful we all are that Pete is progressing well.  I am also entering the card into the present challenge at Sketch & Stash Challenge and the theme is to use any of their previous sketches so I have chosen the popular Sketch No:8.  Also my newest stash part is the image, I bought it especially for Pete so it is it's first outing - along with the lush blue card candy I got for xmas! 

Ive used Nurse Stella by Bugaboo, yes, 'Quelle surprise Rodders' as old Dellboy would say!!  I am going to try to use at least one piece of paper from my scrap files for each card I make from here on in!  I wonder how long that will last!!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all of your lovely comments!
Keryn x

13 comments:

Claire said...

Excellent news! So pleased he is pulling through Keryn. This card is just perfect for his recovery and so right - anyone would want to get home as quickly as possible for a good feed LOL. Its a fab make. Like you, I am also going to try and use my card and paper scraps - but sometimes its easier said than done isn't it!? Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

Glad he is on the mend Im sure the card will cheer him up no end. Mary x

Doreen said...

Well that is good news Keryn. I love the card a fab fun image.xxx

Sue said...

what a fabulous card,love this image and sentiment and it looks great on those papers:)

brilliant news that your BIL is pulling through:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Sue said...

hi Keryn,thanks for your fabulous comment on my blog,you just made my day:)

sue
xx

chris said...

Oh dear what a worry for you all, pleased he is on the mend I bet your all lookingforward to seeing him home.
your card is great I bet it cheered him up.
hugs chris xx
hope you have a happy and healthy 2011.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fingers crossed that your BIL is released next week. Fab card hun. Happy new year to you hun. Claire x

pinky said...

Oh thats terrible Keryn, as you say it shakes everybody up and shows us just how fragile we can be:( Glad that he has picked up again and hopefully will be well enough to come home. This card will certainly put a smile on his face:)

Juls said...

Fabulous card...I am sure it will be perfect for cheering them up....sorry to hear your family has faced so much ilness over the past week or so, it can all be very stressful, thinking of you both! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Oh my! I hope he gets better asap...love your card...very cute and love the sentiment.
Alicia xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous fun card Keryn. How scary for Sister, glad to hear that he's improving.
luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Keryn

That all sounds like one very scary time for everyone involved.

You are right .. .. we do take far too much for granted and sometimes forget the really important things in life.

I am sure your card cheered your BIL up once he was well enough to appreciate it. Great image and sentiment.

I hope he continues to improve.

All the best for 2011.

Love Jules xx

Clare said...

So so glad the BIL is on the mend. I know how worried you have been darl. Great that he is so much on the recovery to come home soon too. He will just love the card, it is awesome. Hugs Clare xxx